Laser Cut Parts &
Waterjet Cut Parts
- Laser Cut Parts and Waterjet Cut Parts: Tolerances:+/-0.005″ on most parts. By
running slower feed rates, certain parts the tolerance can be +/-0.002″.
- Minimum hole size of 0.090″ diameter on waterjet parts, 0.020 with laser parts
depending on material thickness and type.
- Square inside corner geometry will cut to a 0.020″ radius on waterjet part and
.005 on laser cut part.
- Larger inside or outside radius corner will cut slightly faster (less cost) on
- Maximum material thickness is 8″ with waterjet cutting and 1 inch high grade steel, .750 SS,
and .750 AL with laser cutting.
- Maximum sheet size that can be cut is 6′ x 12′ on waterjet part, 6.5′ x 13‘ on laser
cut part. 10′ x 20′ on plasma cut part.
A small tab will be left on part to hold the part in the sheet and keep the laser or waterjet
part from tipping. Make a note on where a tab will not interfere with part function.
- E-mail a 2D DXF, DWG, AI file or IGES file. Include in the email;
waterjet or laser part quantity and material.
DXF file tips:
- Only include the part geometry that will be waterjet cut (perimeter
and through holes/cut-outs), no dimensions, notes etc. needed. No
splines or poly lines – use arcs and lines to make the drawing, splines don’t work.
- Add a 1″ x 1″ square with an “X” in it near the part geometry, this is
used to check scaling.
- Double check for broken or overlapping geometry.
For best pricing make your own nest and send. Visit www.mynesting.com to make your own nest. Leave a minimum of .200 in between parts and .500 border around sheet edges. 6.5ft x 13ft maximum nest size for laser, 75 inch x 156 inch with waterjet. 10ft x 20ft for plasma. Standard sheet sizes are 4′ x 8′, 4′ x 10′ and 5′ x 10′.
If your part will require additional machining or forming other than just waterjet cutting, include a PDF file of the dimensioned part drawing.
PDF file tips:
- Generate a PDF file of your waterjet or laser part drawing from
your CAD software.
- Standard 3 view shop drawing, which can be printed out on our end.
- The drawing would have all the needed dimensions (in inches),
tolerances, and notes to make the part from.
E-mail, Fax, or send Drawings/Sketches. An actual part could
be shipped to us.
Clean DXF files will normally incur no additional programming costs. However programming from waterjet and laser part, drawing, or
description may incur additional programming costs.